CRN: Colorado Racing Network: Pueblo Drag Strip Screws Racers - CRN: Colorado Racing Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pueblo Drag Strip Screws Racers

#1 User is offline   ChunkyBeastRacing 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Certified Member

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well after my win at the Pueblo track on 9/9 and 9/11 there was a cash payout to be given to the winner. When I inquired that day they said they had no check or cash on hand to pay me (they also did not have a trophy or anything else for winning either race) Kinda disapointed I said ok and they said they would mail me the check.

I sent them a email on 9/16 and they said they would mail out the check on 9/19. Tried to call them today and sent a email. The number is no longer answered as the track is closed for the season and got no response to my email.

All I can say is what a chicken shit outfit Pueblo Drag strip is to have to screw racers out of the small winnings they manage to earn throughout the season.

They even collected an extra $20 from each racer to put together the payout. I will never be back or support this piece of crap track!!

#2 User is offline   badfinger67 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Try Jason Abney at 719-553-2790. I am sure there is some kind of reasonable explanation for whatever is going on. I have never heard of them screwing over anyone for prize money....ever.

#3 User is offline   Bottoz 

• NASA 944SPEC RM Director
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

Bummer....

Never been screwed on the Road Course!

#4 User is offline   NovaChick 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

PMP is most certainly not a chicken shit racetrack. I am very sorry that this has happened and I will make sure it gets resolved immediately. Please PM me your name address and what class you raced that weekend. This is most certainly not intentional. There has been a lot going on since the end of August with the repave process kicking into high gear and a lot of stuff falling onto the shoulders of one person. With the city taking over this year they still are figuring out how to get a streamlined process. I am very sorry you feel the way you do but give me your info and I'll see to it that this gets resolved.

~Tamora~

#5 User is offline   ChunkyBeastRacing 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

View PostNovaChick, on 27 September 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

PMP is most certainly not a chicken shit racetrack. I am very sorry that this has happened and I will make sure it gets resolved immediately. Please PM me your name address and what class you raced that weekend. This is most certainly not intentional. There has been a lot going on since the end of August with the repave process kicking into high gear and a lot of stuff falling onto the shoulders of one person. With the city taking over this year they still are figuring out how to get a streamlined process. I am very sorry you feel the way you do but give me your info and I'll see to it that this gets resolved.

~Tamora~

Thank you, I will send you a pm with my information

#6 User is offline   0to115in11 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostChunkyBeastRacing, on 27 September 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

Well after my win at the Pueblo track on 9/9 and 9/11 there was a cash payout to be given to the winner. When I inquired that day they said they had no check or cash on hand to pay me (they also did not have a trophy or anything else for winning either race) Kinda disapointed I said ok and they said they would mail me the check.

I sent them a email on 9/16 and they said they would mail out the check on 9/19. Tried to call them today and sent a email. The number is no longer answered as the track is closed for the season and got no response to my email.

All I can say is what a chicken shit outfit Pueblo Drag strip is to have to screw racers out of the small winnings they manage to earn throughout the season.

They even collected an extra $20 from each racer to put together the payout. I will never be back or support this piece of crap track!!

I'm sorry to hear that. I certainly understand where you are coming from. During the last USP heads-up race at Bandimere I ended up winning the Street Sport Compact class. At the end of the day, neither Bandimere nor Scott had anything to provide (no cash or trophy) for me to account for my efforts and victory. If you ask me, it's BS when I pay $40 to get into Bandimere and then $10 to Scotty and then when I win the event I get nothing in return. Not to mention my sponsor (Metro Performance) provided USP with $100 towards sponsoring the event to help out. I'm sure glad I work so hard to build a car that can fill their events and classes (and actually compete at the level they intend), only to get nothing in return even if you win....

#7 User is offline   NovaChick 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Since we don't normally run a bike class on weekends we were totally caught off guard by the group of them that showed up that last weekend (but it was a good surprise!). The problem was the city only had so many checks left in the checkbook that was at the track that day. And we had even been joking that morning about not messing up the names for winners and stuff cause there wouldn't be enough checks to fix it at the track. So, when the bike guys showed up and we decided to run a separate class for them it put us in a bind. But I remember it being explained to the "representative" who talked with us about getting the bike guys their own class that day, we'd have to get it sent out later since we didn't have the checks.
Anyway, since we didn't have any checks for an additional class, and the fact that the track is now City operated (which means lotsa red tape, c'mon guys, that's not a surprise LOL) that meant having a request sent thru the Finance dept (and that can take like a month!).

I did find out that the check will be cut today so hopefully that eases the anger a bit.

ChunkyBeast - we really hope you decide to come back in the future.

#8 User is offline   sg67nova 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

View PostNovaChick, on 28 September 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Since we don't normally run a bike class on weekends we were totally caught off guard by the group of them that showed up that last weekend (but it was a good surprise!). The problem was the city only had so many checks left in the checkbook that was at the track that day. And we had even been joking that morning about not messing up the names for winners and stuff cause there wouldn't be enough checks to fix it at the track. So, when the bike guys showed up and we decided to run a separate class for them it put us in a bind. But I remember it being explained to the "representative" who talked with us about getting the bike guys their own class that day, we'd have to get it sent out later since we didn't have the checks.
Anyway, since we didn't have any checks for an additional class, and the fact that the track is now City operated (which means lotsa red tape, c'mon guys, that's not a surprise LOL) that meant having a request sent thru the Finance dept (and that can take like a month!).

I did find out that the check will be cut today so hopefully that eases the anger a bit.

:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: Thanks Tam Tam

#9 User is offline   Ghosty 

• Owner
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationThornton, CO., U.S.A.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thanks Tamora! I'm glad we have a couple unofficial reps of Bandi & PMI here on CRN. I'm sure the racers appreciate your extra efforts.

#10 User is offline   HeadsUpCar 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

PMP needs to give Tamora a raise. She is quite the ambassador and handles all the unfun stuff. Its nice to see someone make the effort to go above and beyond!

#11 User is offline   ChunkyBeastRacing 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

View PostNovaChick, on 28 September 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Hello and thank you for the follow up. You are right, there are about 8-10 of us drag bikes that go around and race at Bandimere, Julesburg, Grand Junction etc. and we recently decided to come try out Pueblo, we have bikes ranging from 7 seconds to 11 seonds. We met alot of great (friendly racers) and we did actually call ahead of time to see if they could accommodate us for racing or fit us into one of their existing classes. We were assured they could. We all know that none of us are going to get rich from doing this, and we do it for the fun and occassional trophy and bragging rights for the day, but when a track doesnt hold up their end of the bargain it really leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. But as to not keep harping on the negative the people that race there are great and made us feel welcome. We hope the city of Pueblo does the right thing. Again thanks, as you are a good example of the racers out there.

#12 User is offline   NovaChick 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostGhosty, on 28 September 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Thanks Tamora! I'm glad we have a couple unofficial reps of Bandi & PMI here on CRN. I'm sure the racers appreciate your extra efforts.

I do what I can - I don't like people being upset, it makes me sad. I'm glad it all worked out :)

#13 User is offline   NovaChick 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

View PostHeadsUpCar, on 28 September 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

PMP needs to give Tamora a raise. She is quite the ambassador and handles all the unfun stuff. Its nice to see someone make the effort to go above and beyond!

Awww shucks, thanks Joe!! :blush:
I do it cuz I :love: that place - it's in my blood - and I want others to :love: it, too!

#14 User is offline   ChunkyBeastRacing 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

In Conclusion to my post and to be fair to the Pueblo Drag Strip, I wanted to let everyone know that they did make good on the payout and I did receive a check today.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users